At Camp Newaygo, you’ll see some changes in response to COVID-19. We have made a commitment to keep you healthy and safe during your experience.
We are monitoring guidance from the CDC, the American Camp Association, the state of Michigan and, guidance from health officials to shape our guidelines. We also monitor changes to our state restrictions.
WHAT CAMP IS DOING:
- Following guidelines as published by the Center for Disease Control and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Monitoring the situation, and communicating with families and guests
- Requiring all guests, ages 5 and older, to wear a face covering that fully covers their nose and mouth, and secures under their chin, while visiting Camp Newaygo. Guests are required to wear a face covering except while dining or visiting outdoor areas where a physical distance of six feet is maintainable.
- Liming group sized under current state restrictions. This is dependent upon the facilities rented, and can be confirmed directly with Camp Newaygo Staff as part of your booking process. Our current capacity is 80 indoors and about 200 outdoors (depending on the location chosen).
- Increasing our frequency of cleaning and enhanced sanitization protocols, with our trained housekeeping staff with hospital grade cleaning products. Program spaces and equipment will be sanitized between each use.
- Practicing & asking guests to maintain 6-feet social distancing at all times.
- By ensuring access to personal protection products and amenities
- Requiring a guest wellness questionnaire for the party/individual in each reservation as part of the check-in process.
- Creating a camp program that is fun and meaningful for our campers and staff.
IN THE KNOW. BEFORE YOU GO.
With the development of our COVID-Careful procedures, we’re prepared and ready to welcome you back. We’ve made changes so your health, safety and wellbeing are cared for. To uphold a safe and healthy stay for everyone, we’re asking for your cooperation
Guest responsibilities to ensure a healthy and safe stay:
- Postpone your visit if anyone in your party recently experienced a fever, ailment or any symptoms consistent with COVID-19. See our cancellation policy below.
- Acknowledge there is an inherent risk in exposure to COVID-19 in any public space.
- Complete the Guest Health Screening Questionnaire, knowing that you will be unable to complete your check-in with us unless you are able to certify that none of your guest party has any of the symptoms or risks of exposure described in the Questionnaire
- Uphold our social distancing practices across the property. For children too young to understand or adhere to social distancing guidelines, we kindly ask for additional parental supervision and assistance when visiting more populated areas, especially restrooms.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided at every entrance, and we strongly encourage you to wash your hands regularly during your visit.
- Guests (ages 5 and older) will be required to wear face coverings in public spaces
unless otherwise instructed, seated at a dining table, or while in an area where they may get wet.
Again, nothing is more important to us than the safety of our campers, guests, and staff. We thank you for your trust and support.
RENTAL CANCELLATION POLICY
We want to provide extra assurance and flexibility during this unprecedented time. That’s why we offer a peace-of-mind booking policy which ensures a fair and flexible experience for everyone involved.
Transfer to Alternative Services: In the event that your group decides to cancel due to COVID-19 concerns, Camp Newaygo agrees to provide alternative options
of services. If no alternatives are available, Camp Newaygo agrees to refund Lessee the
deposit amount. If Lessee chooses not to use the alternative, no refund will be made.
Cancellation: Groups can cancel a reservation at least three months (90 days) before a program start date for a full refund, minus the deposit. The deposit can be used towards a different date within the same calendar year.
We are confident that our cancellation policies above will provide the flexibility to help ensure a great experience for all of our camp families and stability for our employees during this difficult time.
As you can imagine, it will take all of us, campers, alumni, donors, and friends to make this trying situation a success. If you would like to do something to make a difference in this difficult time. please consider a donation to support our effort to replace the lost income because of COVID-19 and to ensure camp future.