Keeping Camp Newaygo Affordable
2023 REGISTRATION OPENS DECEMBER 6TH, 2022 AT 6PM EST!
If you are unable to pay the $100 Overnight Camp or $50 Day Camp deposit, please fill out the scholarship form below and you will be contacted after February 1
We understand that it is often difficult to be able to offer your child all the experiences you hope. We may be able to provide help for them to attend Coed Day Camp or Girls’ Overnight Camp this summer. Camp Newaygo works to raise the funds to provide more than 150 scholarships each year. Scholarships will be awarded to those who qualify based on yearly income, and number of children who are living in the household. To apply, simply fill out the scholarship application, and send either your campers free/reduced lunch letter from the school OR IRS 1040 from within two weeks, or as soon as possible. Scholarships are awarded on a first come first serve basis. Please fill out the scholarship and submit your IRS 1040 and proof of free or reduced lunch as soon as possible. If your child’s school provides free lunch to all students, we do require a different proof of need such as a Bridge Card, Tax Refund, Snap benefit, or Medicaid Card.
1. Complete the scholarship application online or request a hard copy by mail. In order to complete an online application, you must first create an account or log in to your existing account and register.
2. Send in a copy of your IRS Form 1040 or a copy of your campers free/reduced school lunch letter. Please email this to email@example.com or fax it to camp at (231) 924-5594. If you live in Newaygo County we will no longer accept Free/Reduced Lunch Letters as proof of need.
3. A $100 deposit (or $50 for day camp) is required at the time of registration, however we encourage you to pay as much as you can and you may send in payments after the scholarship is awarded. We also offer payments plans at any increment.
Financial aid funds are limited, and if they are no longer available you will be contacted and your deposit will be refunded if you desire. Once Camp Newaygo has received your scholarship application and your supporting documents you will be contacted about your scholarship by email.
For Overnight Camp: New overnight campers are eligible for scholarships during Session 1, Session 2, Session 3. Returning campers can choose from all sessions.
If you have any questions please call (231) 652-1184.
Fav 4: For Overnight Camp Only
- Does not apply to scholarship recipients.
- Bring first time campers to Overnight Camp, get $25 off for every referral. (Up to $100 off!) and an exclusive t-shirt.
- Please note that if you refer a friend, that person may not also refer you. Discounts will be given by date registered, to the camper with the earliest registration date.
- Your referrals MUST be new campers and register for camp by May 1st