Volunteering is one of the many great ways to support Camp Newaygo. We are always looking for volunteers to help in a variety of areas. Whether you have a specific skill or are just looking to lend a hand, we have volunteer days or on-going roles that will be a great fit for you!
COVID-19 Volunteer Guidelines
To help ensure the health and safety of everyone, we are asking each volunteer to follow these guidelines:
- DO NOT volunteer for any activity if in the last 14 days you have:
o Traveled to any foreign country or may have been exposed to COVID-19 in the community
o Been on a cruise or been in an airport
o Been around anyone who has COVID-19
o Been to an event where more than 250 people attended
- If you or someone in your household is not feeling well, including having a cough, fever, or any other symptoms, we ask that you please stay home to take time to get well.
- Before you leave your home, please take your temperature. If you have a reading higher than 99.4 degrees Fahrenheit, please stay home.
- Please wear a mask whenever you are in indoor common spaces (bathrooms, program spaces being used by a group) and whenever unable to maintain social distance from someone outside your group. We have several styles available, or you are welcome to bring your own.
- After arriving, please wash your hands. Wash whenever needed throughout your shift, such as after using the bathroom, touching your face or hair, eating or drinking, or after taking out the garbage.
- If you come into contact with a large gathering of 50+ people, please either self-quarantine for 14 days or receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning to volunteer at Camp Newaygo. All volunteers are encouraged to wear face masks when in public places, observe social distance of at least 6’ from individuals you do not live with, and isolate yourself if you begin to feel unwell.
We thank you for your flexibility and support in keeping Camp Newaygo a healthy space for all to work & volunteer.
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities
help us make the Camp Newaygo experience
Community Events Volunteer
Are you versatile and love working with folks of all ages? Camp Newaygo runs all sorts of community events that are catered to kids, families and adults. Check out our UPCOMING EVENTS and see which ones are right for you!
- Versatile, willing to wear a few hats at a community event
- Able to engage a variety of community members
Ropes Course Volunteer
Do you enjoy Zip lining and the rockwall? Maybe you just have a knack for team building on a challenge course! If so, join our team of Ropes Course Volunteers and run events for our campers and the local community.
- Work events where we offer Zip line or other high ropes elements
- Be trained on the operation of our ropes course
- Enjoy working with all age groups outside
Do you have a green thumb, experience to share, and a love for gardening? Camp Newaygo is in need of your expertise!
- Upkeep of main camps landscape and rain gardens
- Needed in the peek times of Spring, Summer and Fall
- Flexible schedule
Are you looking to gain experience in the hospitality or just love to cook? Our Catering Volunteers have the opportunity to help at all stages of a catered event! From serving to break down, we can find the place for you!
- Black and White attire
- Light lifting
Summer Destination Volunteers
Come stay with us this summer and experience the joy of giving back, along with meals and lodging.
Summer Volunteers are needed from June 18th until August 5th.
Do you love spending time with the campers? Are you a confident driver? Help us empower girls by creating resiliency through overnight camping trips, become a volunteer driver today!
- Minimum commitment: 3 days during the summer. Drivers are needed daily!
- Help drive resident camp girls to and from overnight trips and horseback riding.
- Must be able to pass a driver’s check and driving test with van and trailer.
Resident Camp Activities Instructor
Do you have a special skill you would be willing to share with campers? Help us carry on the tradition of teaching core camping skills (canoeing, archery, swimming, environmental education) or bring some equipment and ideas to help us start a NEW program?
- Minimum commitment: 1 week during the summer
- For someone who loves to teach kids ages 7 to 17
- Must be able to commit to one full week of resident camp.
Resident Camp Daily Volunteer
Do you enjoy helping girls grow into their best self? Are you looking for ways to give back to your community this summer? Then our Daily Volunteers is the way to go!
- Volunteer once a week during camp sessions
- Play a huge role in our summer camp running smoothly
- deliver mail to and from camp
Day Camp Specialist
Do you have Expertise in something that kids find cool? Do you have a knack for teaching kids between 1st and 7th grade? Well then check out what Day Camp is offering this year and see if something looks like a great fit!
- Plan and lead morning activities with our Day Camp staff
- minimum commitment: 1 week Monday to Friday (June-August)
- Have an expertise related to that week’s theme
Are people always complementing you on how friendly and welcoming you are? If you enjoy organizing and sorting things, then our Office Assistant is the right place for you!
- Works with our business director on general operations of camp
- Needed between June 18th and August
- Manage the camp’s store
- Answer incoming phone calls
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for something else? Take pictures for summer camp, teach classes, lead wetland trail adventures, rake leaves, sew – whatever your talent we can definitely find a way to use it if you would like to give your time to camp.
Interested in rolling up your sleeves for a volunteer work day or another corporate volunteerism outing? We can design an opportunity that fits your organization’s needs.