COVID-Careful Programs, for families to gather safely….
We know families need camp programs more than ever, which is why we are committed to addressing COVID-19, while allowing us to provide our mission of service to children and families.
What Camp Is Doing:
- Following guidelines as published by the Center for Disease Control and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, monitoring the situation, and communicating with families and guests
- Limiting all programs to 100 guests
- Requiring a pre-camp screening for all program participants
- Checking the temperature of all participants daily upon arrival, and requiring all participants have a temperature below 99.4 degrees
- Requiring masks for all adult participants and staff in any program, when social distancing is not possible
- Creating a program designed around outdoor spaces, and limiting all time spent indoors
- Decreasing group sizes, by restructuring programs to keep family units together, and socially distant from other family units. And, when working with youth programs, creating small static groups of participants.
- Increasing our sanitization protocols, with our trained housekeeping staff. Program spaces and equipment will be sanitized between each use.
- Creating camp programs that are fun and meaningful for our campers and staff.
We will monitor this rapidly evolving situation and, as we move forward with program planning, know that we’ll be abundantly transparent on our decisions.
Again, nothing is more important to us than the safety of our campers, guests, and staff. We thank you for your trust and support.
As you can imagine, it will take all of us, campers, alumni, donors, and friends to make this trying situation a success. If you would like to do something to make a difference in this difficult time. please consider a donation to support our effort to replace the lost income because of COVID-19 and to ensure camp future.