We are asking families to partner with us to help mitigate as much risk as possible. There are four actions families need to take prior to camp arrival:
- Have your camper complete a COVID-19 test, and provide those results to Camp Newaygo
- Complete Pre-Camp Screening and Procedures, including daily symptom checks 2 weeks prior to camp, and limiting interactions outside of the immediate household leading up to camp.
- Sign additional healthcare waivers and releases in your camp account.
- Familiarize yourself with our check-in and check-out procedures for camp.
- We are requiring all campers and staff to complete a COVID-19 test as part of the pre-camp health screening procedures.
- Campers must complete a COVID-19 PCR Nasal Swab within 10 days of check in at Camp Newaygo. The negative test results must be provided to Camp Newaygo prior to check-in day. Results can be emailed to email@example.com
- Saliva tests or antibody tests will not meet this requirement. The test DOES need to be a Nasal Swab.
- Here are resources to find testing Sites in: MICHIGAN, ILLINOIS, and OHIO
- We are finding that some sites will cover asymptomatic testing for minors with insurance, or cover the cost if your camper does not have insurance.
- If you cannot find a testing site near you Camp Newaygo has partnered with Spectrum Health to offer drive-through testing with no prior screening to campers. This test provides results within 18 hours of sample collection, and requires no prior consultation with a healthcare professional. The test is $85, which is not covered by insurance. It might be covered by your FSA or HSA. This $85 will be added to your camp balance if you select this option. This cost will be fully covered by camp for all scholarship campers, and any camper family that is experiencing a financial burden.
Current testing locations are:
Spectrum Urgent Care
Ada: 7128 Fulton St E, Ada, MI 49301
Alpine: 2332 Alpine Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544
ICCB: 2750 E Beltline Ave, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Rockford: 8501 Meadow Creek Dr, Rockford, MI 49341
South Pav: 80 68th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
West Pav: 6105 Wilson Ave SW, Wyoming, MI 49418
Grand Rapids: 4100 Lake Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Grand Rapids: 6105 Wilson Ave SW, Wyoming, MI 49418
Grand Rapids: 4600 Breton Rd SE, Kentwood, MI 49508
Grand Rapids: 426 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503ICCB
Holland: 588 E Lakewood Blvd, Holland, MI 49424
Muskegon: 2009 Holton Rd, Muskegon, MI 49445
Rockford: 8501 Meadow Creek Dr, Rockford, MI 49341
*** All Spectrum Health Lab locations (~50 locations) to be available as well in a phased approach by the end of June., please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to use a testing site through Camp Newaygo and Spectrum Health, please email email@example.com
- THIS VIDEO is a great resource for preparing your camper for this test.
2. Pre-Camp Screening & Procedures
- Please download, print, and complete THIS FORM daily for 2 weeks (14 days) prior to your camper’s arrival at camp. This form will be required at check-in.
- 2 weeks (14 days) prior to camp arrival, we ask that campers limit interactions outside of the immediate household.
- All campers and staff must travel to camp with a personal vehicle. Air or bus travel to camp is not permitted, unless the camper is able to quarantine in the state of Michigan 2 weeks (14 days) prior to camp arrival.
- Please follow all Michigan State Guidelines regarding COVID-19
3. Additional Paperwork
4. Camp Check-In and Check-Out Procedures
- Check-In and Check-Out will be contactless for parents.
- All paperwork and payment must be completed prior to check-in.
- Following ACA Guidelines, we are asking that campers come with only 1 adult to camp (no other adults or siblings, please).
- Temperature checks will be required for everyone driving through the gate, including parents.
- We are requiring all parents and campers to wear a face covering at check-in. Campers will be able to remove their face covering once they complete a health screening and join their cabin.
- Check-In time will be assigned by cabin and unit groups. It is very important to arrive only at the time that you will receive in an email. This insures that we can social distance children between cabin/unit groups and they don’t intermingle.
- Make sure that all of your luggage is easily accessible and packed well. Camp staff will assist your camper in unloading luggage from the car, sanitizing it, and then camp staff will transport luggage by golf cart to your camper’s cabin or unit. Camp counselors will assist campers with moving into their bunks and setting up beds. Please prepare your camper for this change.
- Parents will not exit their vehicle at any point during check-in. If parents would like to speak with our Camp Nurse, a telephone or video appointment can be arranged prior to camp. Please let us know that you would like to speak with the nurse by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check-Out will follow similar procedures to Check-In. Each camper will receive a specific time for Check-out. Closing ceremonies will be recorded and made available to parents. Please wear a face covering, bring only one adult (no siblings), and be prepared to remain in your car and receive a temperature check.
- Bathrooms will not be open for parents on Check-In and Check-Out days. Please plan accordingly.
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our campers, guests, and staff. We thank you or your trust and support.
Didn’t find what you need: EMAIL US
Summer Program Cancellation Policy
We want to provide extra assurance and flexibility to our camp families during this unprecedented time. That’s why we offer a peace-of-mind enrollment policy which ensures a fair and flexible experience for everyone involved.
Transfer to Summer 2021: Our families have the option to cancel any reservation at least two weeks (14 days) before its start date and receive a 100% credit for payments that have already been made. This credit can be used towards another camp week(s) in summer 2021. Campers that transfer their credit to summer 2021 will lock in Summer 2020 camper pricing.
Cancellation for a Full Refund: Families can cancel a reservation at least one month (30 days) before a program start date for a full refund, including the deposit.
We are confident that our cancellation policies above will provide the flexibility to help ensure a great experience for all of our camp families and stability for our employees during this difficult time.
As you can imagine, it will take all of us, campers, alumni, donors, and friends to make this trying situation a success. If you would like to do something to make a difference in this difficult time. please consider a donation to support our effort to replace the lost income because of COVID-19 and to ensure camp future.